Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Predicaments of Post-Banana leaf lunch.

I had banana leaf lunch today.

And I feel sleepy. Don't you get sleepy right after having banana leaf meal? No? What did you do? Eat the leaf?

I mean, I smell controversy. Why banana leaf? Let me tell you what I think, I_

What? What do you mean you don't care what I think? I have a theory, okay!

My theory is this: Banana leaf contains stuff that makes you sleepy. It is not the meal, its the banana leaf. Get it?

As usual, lets uncle Groucho take you a ride back in time.

The Indians were mostly credited for inventing banana leaf. They have also been credited for other invention, like chewing betel leaf, spitting betel leaf juice, creation of language spoken while holding the betel leaf juice, and of course the favourite fable of crabs.

Coming back to the invention. My theory is, they were soooo workaholic at that time, to the point of risking their lives working their ass off. So, the King summoned the chief scientist cum doctor cum lingual professor cum.

"Professor cum, my workers are working too damned hard. I fear that their lives may be threatened."

"Great to hear that O' King."

"Not that, idiot, if they die who are going to work in my kingdom? The Bangladeshis?" (note that this could have been first case of immigration in the history of the world, even though the country Bangladesh didn't exist).

"Quite right, my master. I shall work on a remedy," saying which the professor took nap right in the middle of the king's court.

"What nonsense!" said King in southern Indian accent, though he recently mastered the Northern Indian accent."Sleeping in my own court, when I have not even dismissed you. Wake up you son of a bitch."

The professor woke up and apologised. But somthing struck the king.

After rubbing the swollen part, the king said, "You just took a quick rest. What did you have? Did you eat or drink anything that made you sleep?"


"Oh, I was experimenting on zopiclone. Supposed to be sleeping pills. Good for rest, you know," said the professor raising his eyebrows appromixately three and a half time.

The King couldn't believe it. He finally found a solution. "Lets manufactur it and sell it in US dollars."

"But the workers?" asked the professor.

"To hell with them!"

And so....where was I.

Yeah. Banana leaf. Right. I err...gotta go, now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dei! Why the heck U made me read all that horse shit and then left the Banana Leaf Theory hanging?

I still believe that there is a conspiracy of sorts in your banana leaf theory.

I'm getting hungry now...

Anonymous said...

you were that bored huh!? and I stoopidly had to come check out your site today... (banging head against the wall 4 and a half times!)

Think I need some coffee... think you need some coffee... here have some coffee... COFFEEEEE!!!!

^_^

10 cents if you can guess who I am...

Anonymous said...

hmmm... an ardent reader of two days with yr blog... I'm already left in wonder.. where's pt 2 of the conspiracy??? plse plse plse put us out of our mysery...

Rakesh Kumar said...

Dear bananaed out or whoever you are. I have already cited budget as a reason for the lack of research. Take it easy. Have a few banana and careful where you throw the peels.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Gals and Moon

It took me more than two decades to feel secure with my writing skills. There was, however, when I first started out with this profession, t...